January 26, 2012

A Texas Truck


I have always been proud of the fact that I was born in Texas. I was definitely raised in California, but I loved that I was born in another state. Don't know why, but I remember feeling that way ever since I was told that I had been born in Austin, Texas. The Capitol of the world, don't you know?

I was recently offered a position to help out a family friend - or actually the mother in law of ScottE's boss/business partner. She is elderly and in need of chauffeuring and home clean up assistance. With the relative small amount that I have to do on a regular basis, I have been more than happy to help out. Especially since they bought me a car!! Crazy, I know, but her husband wanted her to have something that she could get in and out of without too much effort, that got decent fuel mileage and would be dependable. He settled on an '08 Trailblazer. Not this Ford girl's first choice, but I'll take it! ;-)

So where does Texas come in? Well, Mr. Davis is currently working in the great state of Texas. He and his wife have an address down there and have registered the Trailblazer in Texas. So I have Texas plates! Isn't that cool?