October 19, 2010

Writer's induced insomnia

I don't ordinarily blog about my sleeping habits, but last night was particularly difficult. I kept writing all of these different blogs in my head and was unable to clear my head long enough for my body to relax and go to sleep. I'm not sure what's going on... perhaps it was just the fact that it was the first night I had slept without ScottE in some time... or perhaps there is just so much stuff itching to get out of me into the blogosphere! =) Who knows... I guess I'll just have to retest the theory tonight.

I actually got to bed at a good time last night. I was in bed by 10:30 and had the lights out by 11. I was able to wash my face, brush my teeth, read my Scriptures and say my prayers, turn the light out by 11 and it still took me so much time to fall asleep. I chalked it up to perhaps too much caffeine throughout the day (I had a Red Bull and some Diet Mountain Dew because I had a BUNCH of stuff to do yesterday), but then I figured that it had been long enough since my last drop of caffeine that it shouldn't have affected me so much. Was I wrong?? I'm going to do some experimentation and see what helps. Perhaps if I had just taken the time to write out all of the ideas that were roaming around in my mind... I guess I'll try both approaches and see what shakes out. First I will try to not drink as much caffeine, and perhaps get up and write things out. Then I will try just getting up and not adjusting my caffeine intake. Wish me luck! =)